“A first-person shooter meets bullet-hell but one where your bullets — a reminder of your own guilt — are also your enemies”
Genre: First-Person Shoot/Bullet-Hell/Survival
Current Status: Playable Prototype
(Made within a week during #7DFPS)
NGF Awards 2013 “Student Category” Finalist
Where You Can Play
Version 1.0.1 (includes “Survival Mode”)
“Bullets may leave the shooter, guilt never does”
Exploring a soldier’s guilt as well as the player-character relationship within FPS, “To Shooter, With Guilt” is a surreal and introspective shooter that was made within a week during the 7DFPS.
You are a soldier and it is your moral duty and responsibility to kill the person in the *enemy* uniform.
A person just like you.
Combining bullet patterns and emphasizing movement and dodge while shooting, it combines FPS with bullet hell but doesn’t make it all simple.
Your dead foes come back to haunt you. Walking slowly to your position — every bullet you shoot returns back to you.
There is no victory. You only survive for as long as you can. You will eventually die either by the bullets of your enemies, by your dead walking foes haunting you, or by your own bullets. There is no escape from guilt once you pick up a gun and kill someone.
Or so you’re made to believe….
- First-person shooter meets bullet hell where emphasis is on movement, dodging, shooting and survival
- An introspective and thematic storyline told through radio chatter or “player” versus “character” internal monologues.
- Enemies with different and challenging bullet patterns that keep you on your toes
- Your dead foes haunt where-ever you go. If you shoot them, your bullets return back to you!
- Explores the themes of a soldier’s guilt and “player-character” relationship in a shooter
- Surreal environment and realistic sound effects
- Two possible endings
- No on-screen GUI and non-intrusive health indicators
Original Page: http://7dfps.com/?action=games&id=83
Pre-Event Blog: http://7dfps.com/?action=post&id=221
Day 3: Shaders, Bullet Patterns & AI Oddities http://7dfps.com/?action=post&id=648
Day 4: Death, Guilt and Resurrection http://7dfps.com/?action=post&id=713
Day 5: Bouncing Grenades Ahoy! http://7dfps.com/?action=post&id=778
Day 6: Lightning, Sound Effects and Haunting Guilt http://7dfps.com/?action=post&id=848
Developed By(Code,Music and Animations): Ansh
Concept By: Ansh & Aram
- Spec Ops: The Line
- Letters from Dead Soldiers to their Family
- Soldier 3D Models from Turbosquid
- Sound Effects from SoundBible